In Aktionszeiträumen sind alle Bergbahnen inklusive und Kinder wohnen bis zum 12. Geburtstag gratis!mehr Arrangements
Oberstdorf has an answer for all mountain climbers wishes
The courageously and adventurously created iron ways in the Allgäu Alps are among the most popular and most scenic via ferratas in the Alps.
Oberstdorf’s via ferratas take you to impressive heights and provide breathtaking views for both beginners and pros when climbing. The Hindelanger Klettersteig on the Nebelhorn is one of the most famous classics of its kind. On tackling the Mindelheimer Klettersteig, one of the most beautiful and
popular iron ways in the Northern Alps, phenomenal views and a via ferrata experience at its best are guaranteed. The demanding route provided by the
cross-border sports via ferrata with exposed traverses and strenuous climbing sections will challenge even experienced climbers and mountaineers. The Heilbronner ridgeway on the Allgäu’s main central crest has been one of the Alps’ most stunning and popular ridgeways for over a hundred years.
Via ferrata taster courses
Tourismus Oberstdorf offers its guests an exceptional programme. In the summer months, the Oberstdorf mountain schools and Tourismus Oberstdorf come together to offer via ferrata taster courses for all.
- Sure-footedness and a good head for heights as the tours take place in Alpine terrain
- Ankle-high walking boots with a good tread
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Enough food and drinks
We ascend on the Fellhornbahn cable car before continuing to the Kanzelwand summit station. Here, we experience the taster via ferrata on the Warmatsgundkopf before hiking past the ruins of the Roßgundalpe back to the Fellhorn area. After a leisurely break at the Alpe Bierenwang, we
take the Fellhornbahn cable car back down into the valley.
Short and sweet
- Meeting point: Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the Fellhornbahn valley station
- Duration: approx. 5 hours
- Minimum group size: 5 people
- Bookings must be made while in Oberstdorf in the Tourist Information Office in the Oberstdorf Haus
- Advance booking prior to arrival is not possible
- Booking deadline: 3 p.m. the previous day
- The course is subject to the routes being accessible and the cable car operational
- Guests with an Allgäu Walser Card: €72
- Guests with an Allgäu Walser Premium Card and locals: €62
The costs include rental equipment and a mountain guide. The cable car journeys and transfer costs must be paid for separately. The prices specified are for adults and children aged 12 and over.